Hi and Happy Thursday! Here I am with a very young Ian at the beach. We were enjoying the sand and waves. He was hanging on tight to my hands. He was such a little guy but very brave to stand up against the power of the ocean waves.
Since then, he has loved being at the beach and seeing the ocean. Like me, he enjoys putting his toes in the water and feeling the cold water on his toes and legs. This summer we did some of that again and it was such fun.
I have loved all of these years taking him to the beach in his young life. All but two summers we have enjoyed time at the beach, which has been great. He has loved the whole beach experience just like I always have.
There is nothing like standing at the edge of the ocean and feeling the sand in our toes and the water washing over us as the waves move back and forth. Ian held my hand this summer as we waded up to our knees in the water. It was as fun this year as when this photo was taken.
I also have enjoyed watching Ian play in the sand, building structures with wet and dry sand, being buried by his cousins and then popping out again, running around on the sand, throwing a frisbee, and having a wonderful time.
We love the beach, the ocean, and all of the fun with our family and friends. There is nothing like a trip to our favorite beach. I am blessed to have Ian be the fourth generation in my family to enjoy these trips.
These words sum up my love for the ocean, the sand, and the waves:
- I love the ocean.
- I love the smell of the salt and water.
- I love the sound of the surf and people playing.
- I love the feel of the sand in my toes.
- I love the cold water washing over my feet and legs.
- I love watching the waves come into the shore and back out again.
- I love how the sun dances on the water during the day.
- I love the vastness of the ocean and the power of the waves.
- I have loved the ocean since I was about 6 months old and crawled right to it. It has always drawn me to it.
- I love this beach in Mission Beach, California. I have had the privilege to go many, many times throughout my life.
- I love going to the beach with my husband, our son, my parents, siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, and friends.
- I love that our family continues to gather at the ocean’s edge and at the beach house.
- I love that all things about the beach experience have been a part of my life for so long. I feel truly blessed.
- I love the memories of decades of visiting this beach.
- I love this Pacific Ocean.
I wonder when we can next enjoy our fun at the beach? I hope it will be soon! I don’t like to be away very long.