Hi and Happy Thursday! In honor of my sister’s birthday in a few days, I wanted to post a photo of us from 2009. I decided to post one of us with a few other people. We love the beach, so I thought she would enjoy this photo.
From left is my brother, sister-in-law, me, my hubby, and my sister on the end. Her hubby was not in the picture. We were sitting on the seawall at sunset at Mission Beach, CA. This is our favorite place to watch and many, many family photos have been taken here.
This summer we look forward to another beach trip and I am so looking forward to it, as I know my siblings are! We will be there for a family reunion and will see cousins, and aunt and uncles and dear friends!
There is so much I love about the beach and especially this beach. I have been honored to share many memories with friends and family. And, now I love seeing Ian’s generation enjoy it as much I always did growing up.
A few highlights of the beach for me are:
- Delicious fish tacos
- Breakfast on our front porch
- Our tiny beach cottage filled with love
- Laughs with family and friends
- Bike rides with family
- Playing in the bay
- Long walks
- Cooking and savoring meals together
- Our family sing-alongs
- My aunt’s amazing piano playing ability
- Sunsets into the ocean
- Feeling my toes in the sand
- The feel and smell of the ocean
- My hair blowing in the breeze
- The majesty of the ocean and waves
- The memories of decades of beach fun
- The waves rushing over my toes and legs
I wonder what fun and mischief we will get into while at the beach this summer?! I sure cannot wait to find out!