I took this as a selfie photo of the three of us. I think I was talking at the time so that is why my mouth is open. My husband had tripped and got that bruise on his head. Ian was smiling before and after this photo.
As we wore these red noses, we all sounded funny. It cracked us up as we tried to talk and sounded so very different. We certainly didn’t sound like ourselves and that made us laugh and be even sillier.
We bought these noses in support of the recent Red Nose Day, a fundraiser for childhood poverty. This is a serious problem that we hope and pray will be changed. NBC recently had a three-hour special and raised quite a bit of money.
Isn’t it fun to laugh? I am serious when needed, but there are times that I love to let loose and just laugh and laugh. Silliness is something I can be very good at.
People say that laughter is good for the soul. I have to agree and know there is nothing like being silly and laughing.
A few silly and funny things I am thankful for:
- Sharing a private joke with a friend or family member
- Giggles with my childhood friends
- My son’s laugh and joy about life
- My husband’s sense of humor and wit
- The laughter of my family
- Tickle time
- The ability to make a fool of myself at times
- Play time for the family
- Laughing at favorite shows and movies
- Laughing until I cry
- Laughing until my sides hurt
- Laughing until I can’t remember why
- And then laughing some more
- Having fun with friends and family
I wonder what silly things we will be doing today? I am certainly looking forward to finding out! Have a great one!