Hi and Happy Easter! Today we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus after a brutal beating and death. The fact that He endured such pain and suffering is an amazing one and something I cherish.
A friend of mine who is a pastor said that Easter is his favorite day of the year. It is one of my faves too. It is a wonderful and glorious end to a sad and painful weekend. On Thursday, we have Maundy Thursday where you celebrate The Last Supper. Our service was really great and very moving since we heard the story of Jesus breaking bread with the disciples for this His last meal.
Then Good Friday is when you will often hear the last 7 words of Christ before he died next to two other men on the cross. You also hear the story of the suffering that He endured. At the end of each of those services, we were asked to leave in silence and no benediction was given. Because, the story isn’t over until Easter.
Easter…Wow…a day of promise fulfilled. A day of celebration… A day of faith and fun… A day to realize that a man who was crucified and died conquered death and rose again. A day that some believe didn’t happen. I do and believe that it is truly an awesome day!
On Easter, we have yummy candy, new clothes and hats, Easter Egg Hunts, a sunrise service at the marina, breakfast at church, special music, a packed service with communion, and lunch with the family. It is a day of praise, family, and true happiness.
We almost always sing my favorite hymn:
- Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia
- Our triumphant Holy Day, Alleluia
- Who did once upon the cross, Alleluia
- Suffer to redeem our loss, Alleluia
- Hymns of praise then let us sing, Alleluia!
- Unto Christ, our heavenly king, Alleluia!
- Who endured the cross and grave, Alleluia!
- Sinners to redeem and save. Alleluia!
- But the pains which he endured, Alleluia!
- Our salvation have procured; Alleluia!
- Now above the sky he’s king, Alleluia!
- Where the angels ever sing.
- Alleluia! Sing we to our God above, Alleluia!
- Praise eternal as his love; Alleluia!
- Praise him, all you heavenly host, Alleluia!
- Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Alleluia!
I love the words to this hymn. I love hearing the entire congregation sing it together. I love hearing the organ play the accompaniment. I love the sound of the trumpets that are often played. I love feeling chills and thanking the Lord for this miracle.
I hope you enjoy this amazing and wonderful day! May you have a blessed Easter!
He Is Risen!! He Is Risen Indeed!! Alleluia!!!