This photo was taken three years ago when we were celebrating Valentine’s Day with a lovely lunch out. It was fun to spend the day with my two guys. Ian was in preschool at the time and we had the day to enjoy. It was wonderful.
This year at school, Ian’s class worked on a writing of who their Valentine is. Ian chose me and said he loves his mom and that I take good care of him. What a sweet card that is. I will treasure it always.
Today I am thankful for:
- The love of a wonderful man
- My partner and best friend
- My son and his unconditional love
- Hearing, “I love you Mom”
- My parents and grandparents who demonstrated what true love and partnership is
- My family for loving me as I am
- My friends who I can laugh and cry with
- Special notes and photos from loved ones
- Saying “I love you” and truly meaning it and hearing it back
- Loving others
- Hugs from my dear ones
I wonder what our Valentine’s Day will bring? I am sure more love, great food, a few treats, and special times together. Have a great one.