Advent is nearly finished and all of the work is done — well almost. Still things to do, but we are nearly finished!
Christmas Eve is a blessing as it is the day we celebrate the night before Christmas and the anticipation of what is to come on Christmas morning. Christmas morning is so full of fun and excitement.
I remember as I child growing up that we always had dinner with the family on Christmas Eve, then went to church for a wonderful service, and then came back home for dessert and the chance to open one gift. It was a fun evening and a taste of what was coming.
Tomorrow, we will celebrate with Kirk’s family and then get home in time for Ian to put cookies out for Santa and some carrots for the reindeer. And, he is excited that Christmas is Jesus’ birthday. He is so into Christmas this year and it is fun to see.
May you have a blessed and wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas too. Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
Here is a prayer that my in-laws sent us in our Christmas card. It is a prayer for peace by St. Francis of Assisi. It is lovely and includes so many things for us to remember.
- Lord, make me an instrument of Your Peace.
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love
- Where there is injury, pardon;
- Where there is doubt, faith;
- Where there is despair, hope;
- Where there is darkness, light;
- Where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master, grant that I may seek
- Not so much to be consoled as to console;
- To be understood as to understand;
- To be loved as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive;
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
- And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
May you have a blessed, wonderful, and peaceful Christmas Eve!!!