I like our big grins, bare feet, and hands in the sand. With all of the cold weather this week, this photo made me happy. And warm. I also like our striped shirts, the patches on my jeans, and that all of our jeans are riding up as we sit in the nice warm sand.
This particular trip was somewhere in Michigan at the dunes. We enjoyed them and were fascinated with this different sand than we were used to.
This photo was taken while we were visiting friends and family. We had a great time. During this trip we also went to a plant where they packaged cereal. I still vividly remember recreating the process in our friend’s basement after seeing the professionals at work.
I have many fond memories of growing up with these two. Our parents were great about taking us to a variety of towns and cities throughout the country. We also enjoyed many camping trips. I am at left in the photo, Cindy is in the middle, and Richmond is on the right.
I am thankful for:
- Camping trips with my parents and siblings
- Family adventures
- Food cooked over a camp fire
- Playing cards with the family
- Singing our favorite camp songs after eating s’mores
- Cassette tapes that played during long car trips
- Seeing these dunes for the first time on this trip
- Crossing the border into Canada for dinner
- Old and grainy photos
- Scanners for old photos
- Bonfires on the beach
- Running around after sunset
- My wonderful and amazing family
I wonder what the next adventures will be with my sister and brother and with our parents? I cannot wait to find out and love that our spouses and children will be there to enjoy the adventures with us! Three generations will be even more fun!