Ah, fall! This is one of my favorite times of the year! Fall starts either this evening or tomorrow. Several people on the news have said it starts at 10 p.m. ish tonight, but two of my calendars say it is tomorrow. Anyone know for sure?
Anyway, it is starting and I am thrilled! I love it. This morning we had to get out the sweatshirts to wear over our clothes on the way to school. The temperature was 57 degrees, the sun was shining, and the sky was a gorgeous blue with not a cloud in the sky.
This photo was taken several years ago during a car commercial shoot at the beginning of October. Ian was one of the kids going trick-or-treating. I thought this would be fun to show the chill — by wearing the jacket.
Over the weekend, we enjoyed the coming fall with some cooler weather, some outside time in the perfect weather, a short rain storm, and lovely blue skies.
My mom and I went shopping at Trader Joe’s and both bought several pumpkin items. YUMMY! We savored some Pumpkin ice cream and I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Today, I am thankful for:
- Time to play games with family
- A home cooked meal that my mother made
- Hot tea on a cool morning
- The crisp air and gorgeous morning
- Pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin cereal bars, and pumpkin spice lattes
- Wearing sweatshirts and flip-flops
- Finishing a great book
- Going to the library with Ian and watching him choose a book
- The start of a new week
I wonder what adventures we will have as fall begins? I can’t wait to find out!