Hi and Happy Throwback Thursday. Since summer is winding down, I thought it would be fun to post an old photo of my son with my dad at the beach. This was taken in July 2010, so Ian was a few months away from turning 3 years old.
I love how dad is showing Ian the fun of the ocean waves on your toes. And the feel of wet sand, and the importance of holding hands so you don’t fall over.
Four generations of my family have enjoyed this beach and I just love that. There is much history there and many amazing memories. I am so blessed to have gone there as a child and now to be able to take my child. It has also been fun to be there with my husband.
Today I am thankful for:
- Summers spent at our family’s beach house
- Toes in the sand
- Feeling the water on our toes and legs
- Spending time with parents and grandparents during the summer
- Small feet that have grown quite a bit
- Many years of fun memories
- A chance to have four generations at the beach a few summers ago — something I will never forget
- Our smooth transition from summer to school
- A family who I love dearly and who love me
- Friends who make me laugh and help me smile
- Prayer support
I wonder what other fun things we will do before summer officially ends on September 23? I look forward to finding out. And, I also am looking forward to the fall/autumn season.