After nearly two months being away from our house, we returned home on Friday. We were out-of-town for most of the summer at my in-laws helping with the family business.
Don’t get me wrong, we had a nice time, saw several dear friends, had great time with clients, and enjoyed ourselves. Still, there is nothing like being at your own house.
So, Home Sweet Home has some special new meaning this week for the three of us. It is great to be back home and to enjoy our special little piece of the world.
- Our laundry room
- A refrigerator stocked with ice and cold water
- A bathtub that Ian enjoys playing in
- A comfy couch to sit next to Kirk and watch a favorite movie or TV show
- A front porch and side porch we can sit on
- A table where we can sit and play Battleship or Monopoly
- Our own kitchen where I can make a yummy dinner and have a boy help me
- A room full of toys and books for a sweet boy
- A den where I can exercise and read
- A garage where our cars stay dry when it rains
- A neighborhood where we can walk and ride bikes
Now that we are back home, we have much to do before school starts. It will be fun but busy. Hope you have a great one!