“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, and that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.” July 4, 1776
Aren’t these words great? I certainly think so. These amazing words are from the Declaration of Independence. Some of the men who signed it were John Hancock, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson.
Today, many Americans will celebrate with cookouts, trips to the pool or beach, parades, time with family, patriotic music, and fireworks. It is a fun day with family and friends and great to celebrate the birth of the United States.
In celebration of this land with freedoms unlike many other places, I am reminded to thank those who have made it possible:
- Thanks to all of the Veterans who have fought in wars for our freedom and country’s protection
- Thanks to the active servicemen and women who continue to fight for our freedom
- Thanks to our reservists who are willing to go when duty calls
- Thanks to the families of our military and all that they sacrifice
- Thanks to the many who have been seriously injured or died in protection of our country
- Thanks to the POWs who suffered more than I can imagine in protection of our freedoms
- Thanks to all who sign up to serve and continue to protect this amazing nation
As the quotes goes, freedom is never free. The brave men and women of our military and their families know that is true.
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” ~Elmer Davis
- “Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed – else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.” ~Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty.” ~Louis D. Brandeis
- “If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.” ~Hamilton Fish
- “I love my freedom. I love my America.” ~Jessi Lane Adams
- “And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me. And, I’ll gladly stand up next to you to defend her still today. Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land. God Bless the USA.” ~Lee Greenwood
May you have a blessed day celebrating our freedom!!!