Summertime and the livin is easy. Hi and Happy Summer! And TGIF! We are having a very nice, although hot and humid summer. How about you?! We have had lot of rain and thunderstorms and last night even some pea-size hail.
This morning, Ian asked me if summer is the rainy season. I told him not normally, but it certainly has been so far this summer And, there is a chance of rain every day for the next week.
This photo is of Ian a few years ago. He was having a great time at the beach. He loves to play in the sand and in the water. I was a day late on Throwback Thursday, so thought I’d post this now.
For a child, the days of summer can run together. That is why we talk each morning about the day of the week and the date. Ian has a calendar that he has been marking off. He is very excited that tomorrow is the official start of summer.
This summer we are playing, having time on the computer, seeing friends and family, riding his bike with training wheels, drawing and coloring, reading, and doing some school work as well. It isn’t a lot of work, just enough so he doesn’t lose all that he learned during the school year.
On this day before the official start of summer, I am thankful for:
- Umbrellas and rain boots on a rainy day so we can sing in the rain
- Air conditioning so we aren’t quite so sweaty on a very humid day
- A cold glass of water or iced tea
- A cold beer with tacos or a hamburger
- Having extra time to talk to Ian in the morning since we aren’t having to rush out the door
- Watching a favorite show with Kirk and Ian
- Savoring frozen yogurt or ice cream
- Watching Ian play with a friend he hasn’t seen in a long time
I wonder what we’ll be doing next in this lazy, hazy summer. Can’t wait to find out!