We are 2 1/2 years apart so we have always spent lots of time together. We have always had fun and have been close. She is a true blessing. I am glad to call her my sister.
We were each other’s maid/ matron of honor at our weddings. We have always been there for one another. When we had children, we were there to see the new gifts of life and celebrate together.
I don’t know where I’d be without Cindy. She has blessed me beyond measure! I am truly thankful for all that she has taught me and shared with me. Many stories I won’t share because they should stay between sisters.
- Camping with our family
- Playing pounce
- Singing songs at Camp Tiyani
- Sleep-overs at our grandparent’s house
- Listening to Grandpa’s stories
- Watching favorite movies and singing along with them — The Sound of Music, Grease, and White Christmas
- Family sing-alongs
- Her amazing ability to learn a part in a play in one week and perform it masterfully
- Fun times at the Playhouse and drama club
- Our family cross-country trip in the car
- Sharing a room for many years
- Learning the importance of laughter at a young age
- Sharing precious friendships for many, many years
- Standing up for each other at our weddings
- Seeing each other’s newborn children
- Fun times with cousins and friends at the beach
- Sharing our beach adventures with our spouses and children
Among all of the fun, there have been sad times too. We have been there for each other through those. She has always had my back and that means the world to me.
Here are a few quotes about sisters:
- “Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.” ~Louisa May Alcott
- “Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” ~Margaret Mead
- “A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added.” ~Chris Montaigne
- “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.” ~Linda Sunshine
- “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” ~Author Unknown
- “A sister is a forever friend.” ~Author Unknown
Cindy, I hope and pray that you have a wonderful birthday and can celebrate! May you be pampered and have a great day. Hope to see you soon. Love you!!!