Just like me, he loves the beach and always has such fun while he is there. Then again, being a kid he is happy in whatever he is doing. I love how he has taught me to live in the moment.
We’ve almost finished our first week of summer and we are having a blast! We attended a fun cookout, have been playing at home, reading books for the summer reading program, eating ice cream cones at home a few times, spending time on the computer, and coloring and doing other art projects. So far so good.
Summer and the living is easy and fun. We are sleeping in a little bit — well just 30 minutes so far. Hopefully as we go along there will be some later mornings but I doubt it. After a year of getting up at the same time 5 days a week, it’s hard to change for summer.
A few things I am thankful for this week:
- Listening to Ian read a book that he chose at the library (and he did such a great job)
- Enjoying chocolate mint ice cream on a cone with Ian
- Taking our time with breakfast and our mornings
- Smiling as Ian sings a favorite Bon Jovi song
- Savoring coffee made each morning by Kirk
- Shopping at the store with my guys and choosing some special treats
- Having family over for dinner
- Talking to an old friend
- Attending a cookout at my parents’ house and having a blast
- Sweating outside and then coming into the air-conditioned house
- Staying home all day
I wonder what the rest of this first week of summer will bring? I hope it’s something fun and can’t wait to find out. Take care!