When he started preschool, he had never been away from home for very long. He went part of the day that year and learned to love it. Now he is an old pro and loves going to school each morning.
Today and tomorrow are Ian’s last days of kindergarten. And then it’s summer time! Yeah! We have had a great year and are now ready for some fun time together.
As I mentioned at the beginning of the week, it is hard to believe that his first full year of school is nearly finished. The time went by so fast. Each day he learned new things and grew as a little man. I am so proud of him and how well he has done.
Starting this weekend our routine will be different and we will have more time to enjoy being together. I always love the summer and am looking forward to another good one.
Today I am thankful for:
- The excitement a boy has at the start of summer
- A chance to sleep in
- Ice cream treats after walking home
- Bubble baths
- Playing Monopoly and other games
- Swimming at the pool
- Watching Kirk and Ian ride their bikes around the neighborhood
- Late night chats
- Joining the reading club for the summer at our library
- Movie and popcorn night with my guys
Have a great day!