Starting this morning, Ian has four more days left of kindergarten. I am both happy and sad at this idea. Happy that it is almost summer and that he will be a rising 1st grader. Sad that our baby is growing up so very quickly.
The year has flown by and he has made some good friends. He has also really liked his teacher and her assistant. And, he has liked all of his special area teachers as well. We have truly been blessed.
I am so proud of all he has learned this year. It has been amazing getting to watch him learn and encourage him as he has done so. We have had more blessings that I can count.
The kindergarten students will have a very fun last week. Today is beach day, tomorrow the music program, Thursday is field day and a picnic, and Friday is pajama and movie day. Doesn’t that sound like fun? I just wish I could be there all week with him to enjoy all of this.
Today I am thankful for:
- Making hot chocolate for Ian in the morning
- Listening to Ian’s thoughts and ideas
- Playing games with Ian and Kirk
- Listening to Ian read a book
- Having Ian assist me in the kitchen while making meals
- Being able to enjoy the last week of school before summer starts
I wonder if this week will be as fun as I think for him. I have a feeling that it will.