The first is of me as a new mom. This was the first week after Ian came home from the NICU and after his first bath. He was just there for four days and we were so happy when he did come home.
Ian was a big baby – 9 lbs 15 oz — so he never wore newborn clothing. He was in the NICU for breathing issues and problems with his sucking. Thankfully his pediatrician found out the problem, took care of it, and then he was fine.
I am thankful for my sweet boy and my husband who is helping me teach him and love him and have fun with him.
I am blessed to have a mom who taught me a lot and who is as crazy about her grandkids as her kids. That is a real blessing. Thanks Mom for all you have done for me and all that you have taught me. I can never thank you enough.
A few quotes about motherhood:
- “A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” ~Tenneva Jordan
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” ~Author Unknown
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” ~Rajneesh
- “All mothers are working mothers.” ~Author Unknown
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” ~Sophia Loren
I wonder what new mom adventures I will have today? I can’t wait to see Ian after school and see what happens!
(Note to my subscribers – I hit publish before the blog was finished so you received an incomplete blog. This is the corrected version.)