Tomorrow is Mother’s Day. I decided to write this today since we will be busy tomorrow with a variety of activities. Happy early Mother’s Day!!!!!
I am blessed to know, love, and spend lots of time with my mother! (Here I am last year with my mother and son at a Mother’s Day luncheon).
A special note to my Mom:
*Thanks Mom for all that you taught me and have done for me over the years! And you still continue to do so much for me, and my husband, and our son.
*When I was a child, I didn’t appreciate you as I should have when you were at home helping us with all of our activities. I suppose I took it for granted and didn’t know any better. Now that I have my own son, I see what you did in a new light. Now I appreciate all that you did to make my childhood so special. Mom, I Love You so very much!!!
I also want to say Happy Mother’s Day to my mother-in-law, sister, sisters-in-law, cousins, aunts, nieces, and friends. All of you are great mothers and people who I have learned a lot from. It is so nice to have such strong women and great mothers in my circle of people. You all rock!!!
Being a mother has been one of the most rewarding, yet most challenging things ever in my life. I never expected to love my son as much as I do, or his daddy so much.
I never appreciated my own mother more than the first night we brought him home from the hospital. And, even though I am a grown woman, I still want my mommy when I don’t feel well.
Moms are amazing and I am privileged to be a part of the mom club.
To my mother, I want to say thank you for:
- Loving me as much as you did and still do
- Teaching me the meaning of family
- Showing love and what a marriage should be
- Demonstrating a mother’s love and what it means
- Providing discipline as it was needed
- Encouraging me throughout my life
- Passing along your love of music, reading, singing, and family time to me
- Showing the importance of friendships and staying in regular touch
- Sharing my motherhood adventure with me and my siblings
- Being there when I have needed you
To my mother, the mothers in my family, and my friends who are moms, I love you all and am so glad to be on this mom adventure with you. May you have a fun and blessed day!
Some quotes about motherhood:
- “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” ~Marion C. Garretty
- “A mother understands what a child does not say.” ~Author Unknown
- “A mother’s heart is a patchwork of love.” ~Author Unknown
- “Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.” ~Ambrose Bierce
- “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” ~Elizabeth Stone
- “The phrase “working mother” is redundant.” ~Jane Sellman
- “Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.” ~Lisa Alther
- “Grown don’t mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What’s that suppose to mean? In my heart it don’t mean a thing.” ~Toni Morrison
- “Mommies are just big little girls.” ~Author Unknown
- “Being a mother means that your heart is no longer yours; it wanders wherever your children do.” ~Author Unknown
- “There’s nothing like a mama-hug.” ~Terri Guillemets
- “Mother is a verb, not a noun.” ~Proverb
- “Mom — the person most likely to write an autobiography and never mention herself.” ~Robert Brault
- “The mother of boys work son-up to son-down.” ~Author Unknown
I wonder what new mothering adventures I will have with Ian. I can’t wait to find out and have my friends and family with me.