Today’s photo challenge is Something Good. I am first reminded of the song with that title from “The Sound of Music” movie. It is one of my favorite movies and a romantic song.
Maria and The Captain sing to each other, “For here you are, standing there, loving me whether or not you should. So somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good.”
For my something good, I wanted to include a photo of me with my grandmother. She is very dear to me and a lot of fun. Also, I think it is something good that we are close as is the rest of my family. This photo is from January when she turned 93 years old.
Also good is the time our family spends together. I love the fact we are there for one another through good times and bad times as well. My grandmother is the matriarch and loves each of us very much. It is a blessing to be in such a family.
Today I am thankful for:
- Seeing old photos taken by my grandfather whom I never knew.
- Laughing with my family.
- A sunny morning and a walk to school with a sweet boy.
- My hot tea and breakfast.
- Friends who I have known for many, many years.
- A fun night out with family for pizza at a favorite restaurant.
- Hugs from my son and other family members.
- Hearing my husband say I love you.
- Singing along to favorite songs.
- Hearing and watching the birds outside in the morning.
- Singing “Amazing Grace” with friends and family.
- Old photos and new.
May you have a blessed day full of good things!