Today’s photo challenge is Light. I have taken tons of sunset pictures over the years at the beach and love them and the light and colors that show. Lovely.
Instead for today, I decided to use one that I took on the way back from walking to school with Ian. It is pretty of the morning light and the amazing blue sky.
This photo was taken a few days on a lovely morning. I liked looking through the trees at the light and like seeing the shadows on the ground.
Light is important — both sunlight and lights from lamps and bulbs. I am thankful to live in a part of the world with electricity and access to light at the flip of a switch.
I don’t know about you but I sometimes get the blues when I am deprived from sunlight. Too many cloudy and rainy days in a row can be tough at times.
May you have a day full of light and happiness and fun!
Here are a few quotes on Light:
- “We cannot hold a torch to light another’s path without brightening our own.” ~Ben Sweetland
- “Light gives of itself freely, filling all available space. It does not seek anything in return; it asks not whether you are friend or foe. It gives of itself and is not thereby diminished.” ~Michael Strassfeld
- “People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.” ~Maori Proverb
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”– Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
I wonder what varieties of light I will see today? I can’t wait for the adventure.