Hi and Happy Tuesday! Today’s photo challenge is Childhood. We have tons of photos that I could use, so it was a tough decision. I have been taking photos ever since Ian was born, and have a few when he was growing in my tummy (as I have told him). He loves to hear all about that and see all of his pictures.
This photo is a sweet one from a few years ago. He is sitting still at the beach and looks like he is studying something or pondering what he wants to do next. I love the calmness on his face. He had his hands as fists and looks like he is ready to head off on a new adventure. Having him sit still for very long is a rare thing indeed.
Since my hubby and I waited until we were older to have our son, I feel like I am enjoying childhood all over again. It is such fun to see life and experience things through Ian’s eyes. He has a zest for life that I love and am inspired and awed by.
To be young and able to live in the moment is so awesome. Children know how to do this. It is just part of them. The innocence is also a true gift. Thinking the best of people and loving unconditionally is a treasure that I get to see in action each day.
I am truly blessed and honored to have this sweet little person in my life. I look forward to many more years of a great childhood full of fun and adventure.
Here are few quotes about childhood:
- “There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again.” ~Elizabeth Lawrence
- “Childhood is measured out by sounds and smells and sights, before the dark hour of reason grows.” ~John Betjeman
- “Childhood is the most beautiful of all life’s seasons.” ~Author Unknown
- “Childhood is the fiery furnace in which we are melted down to essentials and that essential shaped for good.” ~Katherine Anne Porter
- “If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older.” ~Tom Stoppard
- “There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy’s life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.” ~Mark Twain
- “If we could all see the world through the eyes of a child, we would see the magic in everything!” — Unknown