Both you and your families sacrifice so much for our freedoms. I cannot thank you enough for the amazing gifts you give us.
On this day, let’s remember and thank our veterans. Because of these brave men and women, we have the freedoms that we can truly enjoy and I hope never take for granted.
The words of God Bless The USA say it so nicely:
I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died who gave that right to me.
I’ll gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today. There ain’t no doubt I love this land. God Bless the USA.
A few quotes on Veterans:
- “But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, Is their monument to-day, and for aye.” ~Thomas Dunn English
- “It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.” ~Author unknown
- “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.” ~José Narosky
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” ~Elmer Davis
- “Freedom is never free.” ~Author Unknown
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” ~G.K. Chesterton