He was generous enough to share this special day with us and we are very thankful. The year we got married, 1998, he truly enjoyed being The Father Of The Bride.
I wanted to wish him a happy and special day and wish it early. We look forward to seeing you today and hopefully tomorrow too, or another day this week.
Here we are pictured are together in 2006, before Ian was born. We were having fun on vacation as we usually do.
Dad, thanks for everything! You have been and continue to be a great dad and grandfather. I am so thankful for you and our relationship and your love. And, I am thankful that you love to play with Ian and visit and be with Kirk as well.
You have taught me so much and I cannot thank you enough. You are a man I greatly admire and love.
Happy early Birthday to you!! We love you and wish you another amazing and fun journey around the sun.
A few quotes about fathers that I thought you might enjoy:
- “He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland
- “Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby
- “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! ~Lydia M. Child
- “A father carries pictures where his money used to be. ~Author Unknown
- “Dad, you’re someone to look up to no matter how tall I’ve grown. ~Author Unknown