Today’s Five Minute Friday word is Write.
Here are the rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community…
Writing is something I have always done and still love it. It is a passion and was also a vocation for many years. It is something that I am at times driven to do and must do.
I enjoy writing blogs about things I think about, short stories, poems, and a variety of other items. I have also written a play and wrote many news articles for the newspaper where I worked. I have also enjoyed doing interviews.
My dream is to write a children’s book and I have some great ideas. I just need to find the time to get my ideas down. I also want to write a historical fiction novel. That too is in the initial stages.
Some people say that writing is hard but usually for me it comes easily. There are days when nothing inspires me or comes to mind. I suppose that is the time when it isn’t easy for me. I suppose I need to try anyway and work through it.
My son is now learning to write letters and learning to read. I am so excited for him and all of the new things that he will be able to do. It is truly an exciting time that I am privileged to be a part of.
He has already written a few great short stories and has a great imagination!
I wonder what my next writing will be? I look forward to finding out.
I wanted to add a few quotes about Writing:
- “And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ” ~Sylvia Plath
- “Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.” ~E.L. Doctorow
- “A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket.” ~Charles Peguy
- “If there’s a book you really want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” ~Toni Morrison
- “Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” ~William Wordsworth
To read other postings, please click on http://lisajobaker.com/2013/10/five-minute-friday-write/.