TGIF!! I am so glad that it’s Friday. We have a great and busy weekend planned. I am looking forward to it and getting to sleep in tomorrow. Well as much as I can with a 5-year-old who is now used to getting up for school.
Today’s Photo Challenge is In The Morning. I decided on another old picture of Ian. We were staying in a hotel on our way to Fort Pierce, Florida. This was taken just when he woke up. I just love how cute and happy he looks in this picture.
Now mornings are a little more hectic with getting ready for school. Ian has five jobs in the morning that he must do before we leave. These are use the bathroom, take his vitamins, eat his breakfast, brush his teeth, and get dressed. He has gotten pretty good about quickly doing them. Well at least most mornings.
When he gets enough sleep, he wakes up and bounds right out of bed. It always takes me a little longer and a few hits of the snooze button. I have never been a morning person — always a night owl — but I have had to change with school and other things going.
Hope you have a great morning and weekend!
Here are a few quotes about morning:
- “I’d like mornings better if they started later. “~Author Unknown
- “The older generation thought nothing of getting up at five every morning – and the younger generation doesn’t think much of it either.” ~John J. Welsh
- “Morning is when the wick is lit. A flame ignited, the day delighted with heat and light, we start the fight for something more than before.” ~Jeb Dickerson
- “If people were meant to pop out of bed, we’d all sleep in toasters.” ~Author unknown, attributed to Jim Davis
- “The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn’t, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there.” ~Monica Baldwin
- “Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment.” -Thích Nhất Hạnh