“Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold.” –– I have posted this quote twice this week. I wanted to include it today since it’s about friendship.
“Friends are friends forever, if the Lord’s the Lord of them. And a friend will not say never cause the welcome will not end…” — words from a great song.
There are so many types of friends and friendship. How do you capture this in a photo?
I decided to post a photo I took in 2006 at the beach of my niece and nephew. They were sharing popsicles at sunset.
This is one of my favorite pictures I took that summer. I think this shows the element of sharing and fun that friends have with each other.
I have friends from elementary school days, high school, as well as college, and I have newer friends who I worked with, who also write, and moms of Ian’s preschool buddies.
There is a saying that you can’t choose your family but can choose your friends. I have been blessed to have a wonderful family and fabulous friends.
Here are a few quotes about friendship:
- “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be.” — Douglas Pagels
- Most of us don’t need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with.” – Robert Brault
- “Friendship isn’t a big thing — it’s a million little things.” — Author Unknown
- “A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
- “True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable.” — Dave Tyson
- “A friend accepts us we are yet helps us to be what we should.” — Author Unknown
I wonder if we can be the kind of friend that we’d like to have. Here’s hoping we can!!