We are busy for a lot of the day, but there will still be time for our family to have fun and celebrate together.
Here are the three of us several years ago at the beach! We had fun on this trip and have on several others. And, we always love being home together and hanging out!
To my love, my best friend, confidant, and wonderful father to our son, I love you so very much!
I have enjoyed this journey around the sun with you. There have been ups and downs, good and bad, and I am so glad you are my traveling companion!! Thanks for your love, laughter, and support!
To many more wonderful years together!! I love you and wish you a wonderful and very special day!!! Happy Birthday.
Today’s Photo-A-Day challenge is I Wore This.
We celebrated Zach’s 15th birthday at a wonderful dinner out and birthday cookie. He was a baby the year we got married. My time flies!! Tonight we’ll celebrate with a dinner out for Kirk and some wonderful cake and candles.
Also in the picture are two of my favorite necklaces — one that states SRP LUV and the other is a picture of our family’s beach house with a rainbow to it.
As you may know, I LOVE Rainbows and grew up listening to a story about an elf trying to figure out where they come from. This story was the inspiration for my blog.
These two items of jewelry are very special. I made the Luv necklace with beads and material from a favorite bead store. My sister gave me the necklace of the beach house. On the other side of this necklace is a great picture of our grandparents. They are the ones who started our love of this house and neighborhood which, thankfully, is still in the family.
I also have some turquoise pieces, my (pretty new) watch and some lovely shell earrings that my sister made for me. I do love my accessories, as my friends and family can attest to. They are, to me, what make an outfit!
I also want to wish my brother-in-law Cody a Happy Birthday today! May you have time to relax and have fun!
My husband and my sister’s husband have the same birthday — just a few years apart. How cool is that?
A few birthday quotes for the birthday boys!!!
- “We know we’re getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it.” ~ Author Unknown
- “A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.” ~ Author Unknown
- “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.” ~ Chili Davis
- “In childhood, we yearn to be grown-ups. In old age, we yearn to be kids. It just seems that all would be wonderful if we didn’t have to celebrate our birthdays in chronological order.” ~ Robert Brault
- “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. ” ~ Larry Lorenzoni