Today’s topic for 5 Minute Friday is Here. Here the rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community…
Now GO …
Or should I say Jump!
In thinking of Jump, I started humming the Pointer Sisters song, “Jump for my love.” And, there was the Van Halen Jump song as well. That was a fun one.
Other things I think of are jumping rope in grade school, people jumping the broom when getting married, and jump shots in basketball. Do you remember the movie, “White Men Can’t Jump?” That was a fun movie starring Woody Harrelson, Wesley Snipes, and Rosie Perez.
Another part of jump is jumping into a new facet in life. I have a preschool age son who in the fall will start kindergarten. The time is now to prepare for this. It will be tough but I am excited for him and he is over the moon about it.
I have also tried to jump into a weight loss and food change program. I am trying to make those changes as well.
People say that change is good, but is too much at once a bad thing? I think it can be at times. I suppose we just have to take things as they come and try to make the best of them.
Here are a few quotes that seem to go along with the theme of today. (I used a minute of my writing time to look them up):
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” ~ Les Brown
I hope to do some jumping today! How about you?
Read more thoughts on “Jump” at Lisa-Jo’s Five Minute Friday link-up today.