A few Sundays ago, our Pastor told a story in his sermon that is what I think the holiday is all about. An autistic boy had a part in the Christmas play.
He played the inn keeper and was supposed to tell Joseph and Mary that there was no room for them in the inn.
Instead this boy said, “I know what I am supposed to say, but Mary and Joe, there is room. Why don’t you take my room?”
Isn’t that the sweetest? This boy knew that Christmas and Christ are about love and helping others! May we all live that kind of life!!
This Christmas Eve and Christmas, I look forward to time with family and dear friends, good food, baking cookies, going to church tonight with my family, cookies and hot chocolate after the service, watching Ian open his gifts and stocking on Christmas morning, and the love of the Christ Child!
Here are a few quotes about Christmas:
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”– Burton Hillis
- “From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas brings us closer to each other.” — Emily Matthews
- “The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing other’s loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas.” — WC Jones
- “For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.”– W. J. Tucker
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.”– Marjorie Holmes
- “Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united.” –Norman Vincent Peale
- “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”– Laura Ingalls Wilder
May you have a blessed and wonderful Christmas! Remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season!!!