I don’t know about you but I am not quite ready, but thankfully I am not beginning to panic — at least not yet! 🙂
Here is a photo from last month when we started decorating our tree. Ian was placing ornaments on the tree and had an absolute ball!
This year is a great year for him to enjoy Christmas and I am so enjoying the entire season! He is fascinated with the lights, the music, the Christmas specials on television and making and decorating Christmas cookies.
Earlier this week, we watched “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” which has the story of Santa. At first he was unsure of the mean Burgermeister as well as the Warlock, but discovered that as they learned about love and friendship, they became nice. It was a neat lesson.
About Christmas, Ian said recently, “It is when Santa comes to Jesus’ birthday party.” Isn’t that great? I love how he summed it up so well. He seems to understand that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus with Santa thrown in for fun!
May we as adults enjoy this magical time of year with the wonder and innocence of a child! And, may we throughout the year show the love and compassion for one another that is so prevalent at this time of year! I truly hope and pray that we can do that!
Today, I am thankful for:
- A boy who sings “Santa Clause is Coming to Town” and “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”
- Stores where photo gifts can be made and then either picked up or mailed to you
- Coffee with peppermint mocha creamer (very sweet and a treat)
- Trying to arrange a get-together with family and friends
- A friend who will receive her bachelor’s degree tomorrow. Although I can’t be at the ceremony, I will be there in spirit.
- Singing along with the Christmas songs on the radio
- Teaching Ian about the Advent Wreath
- Watching Ian print out pictures of Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Christmas from the Internet
- Eating popcorn and hot chocolate
- Christmas specials on television
- Receiving a special early gift from my hubby
- Finding the perfect gift for a special someone
- Hearing what Ian wants for Christmas
- Quoting each song while watching the amazing movie “White Christmas.”
May you have a wonderful Christmas! Remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season!