I don’t know about you but I love Christmas music. The radio station I normally listen to, B-97.5 in Knoxville, Tennessee, has been playing some of my favorites along with their regular lineup.
Hearing these songs puts me in the mood for Christmas and all of the wonderment of the Advent season and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as well. And I must admit that I sing along with as many as possible! Fun times for me, that’s for sure.
Here are some of my favorites that I hear on the radio with the artists that I like the best:
- “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams — His version of this song always makes me smile. I can sing each and every word and usually do at the top of my lungs! When I hear this, I am ready for the Christmas season. This year he will be celebrating in Heaven.
- “Celebrate Me Home” by Kenny Loggins — I always sing along with this version. It is so great being home for Christmas!
- “Do They Know It’s Christmas” by Bandaid — This was recorded in the mid-80s and remains one of the best. It always makes me a little sad and mindful of so many who are suffering.
- “A Baby Changes Everything” by Faith Hill — This song gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes. Baby Jesus truly did change everything! And, my baby changed my life so I think of him as well.
- “Tennessee Christmas” by Amy Grant. Since I live in Tennessee and grew up there, this song is quite special to me. Her version is beautiful.
- “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town” by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. I love his talking at the beginning of the song, the song itself, and the band and crowd they recorded it before. It is a fun song!
- “Simply Having A Wonderful Christmas Time” by Paul McCartney. I like the musicality of this song and the words are great as well.
- “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” by Josh Groban with the quotes from service men and women mixed in. This always makes me tear up and hope and pray that people will be with their families at Christmas time.
Music has a great effect on me as I am sure it does on you as well. Each time I hear these songs I am happy and thoughtful as well. They are truly an important part of this season for me.
What are some of your favorites? These are just from the radio. I have many others that I will write about in another posting.
Merry Christmas and remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season!!!!