I want to say thank you to the men and women who are veterans and their families! The sacrifices that you have made are amazingly generous! I so appreciate you and your commitment to the United States of America.
Here are some words of one of my favorite songs by Lee Greenwood:
- I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free
- And I won’t forget the men who died who gave that right to me
- And I’ll gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today
- Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land
- God Bless the USA.
Those words are in a nutshell what these brave men and women have done for us! You rock.
A few quotes on Veterans:
- “But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for,Is their monument to-day, and for aye.” — Thomas Dunn English
- “It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.” — Author unknown, sometimes attributed to M. Grundler
- “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.” — José Narosky
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” ~Elmer Davis