We as a nation are deciding between two men for President of the United States — the current President Barack Obama or former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney.
Some polls have said it will be a very close race and may take time to determine who is the winner, as in 2000. And others have said one candidate or the other will win by landslide.
Who knows what will happen? I sure don’t since I am not a mind reader. Hopefully we will know by the time we go to bed tonight, but only time will tell.
I do know that our chance to have a voice in this is by voting! I voted during the early voting time frame so I am all set. I am ready for a long and fascinating evening.
It has been a long 18 months and I am glad that is finally finished. We listened to a lot of debates and statements during the primary season and now we are to the general election.
I hope and pray that we as a nation can return to respect and consideration of others. The rudeness and snideness has been hard to listen to from friends and the media. I prefer for someone to stand up for their candidate without so much cutting down of the other candidate.
This year seems like there will be a record turnout at the polls. That is great! I am glad to see so many people interested and voting. Quite a change from years past.
Here are a few quotes — some funny — about Election Day:
- “The politicians were talking themselves red, white and blue in the face. ” ~ Clare Boothe Luce
- “Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be.” ~ Sydney J. Harris
- “A citizen of America will cross the ocean to fight for democracy, but won’t cross the street to vote in a national election.” ~ Bill Vaughan
- “How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?” ~ Author Unknown
- “There are always too many Democratic congressmen, too many Republican congressmen, and never enough U.S. congressmen.” ~ Author Unknown
- “Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason we have elections is to find out if the polls were right?” ~ Robert Orben
May we choose the right man for the job of President and all of the other offices being voted on today. Have fun and be sure to vote! God Bless.