Happy Anniversary to my siblings and their spouses this week!
My brother, Richmond, and his wife Beckie, celebrated their 18th anniversary yesterday! My sister, Cindy, and her husband, Cody, celebrate their 19th anniversary today!
They are both close to 20 years of marriage. That is very impressive and something to be celebrated! Thus, the toast which I wish I could share with them in person!!
I remember being in both weddings and what fun they were. In Cindy’s wedding, I was honored to be the maid of honor! What fun it was to see her walk down the aisle in her gorgeous cream wedding gown that a friend of ours made and all of the wedding party dressed in cream and green outfits. It was great to have Cody join our family.
And, then a year later, Richmond and Beckie wed. I was a bridesmaid and we wore beautiful purple gowns. This was one of my favorite bridesmaid’s dresses (no nightmare outfit there!!). It was fun to have another sister in our family and to see my brother so happy!!
I am the oldest of the three of us, yet I was the one who married last in our family (5 years after Cindy). All of us found and married our true loves at the right times in our lives. And, for that I am thankful.
Both of these couples have shown me what marriage and real commitment are all about! They have shown love and caring for one another, they have fun together, and are great to be around. True love is an amazing thing to see!
I think all of us learned about the commitment of marriage from our parents who celebrated 47 years this summer, our grandparents who were married 66 years before my grandfather died, and our great-grandparents who were married for 70+ years. We come from a long line of long marriages!! Cool, isn’t it?
And, they have taught me about parenthood and how to discipline a child with love. I am so proud of Cindy and Cody and Richmond and Beckie and their wonderful children. And, I remember when they all were born. Each one is so different yet so very special.
My family is such a blessing to me and I am so fortunate to be close to them! I love you Cindy, Cody, Gussie, and Aiden; and Richmond, Beckie, Isaac and Rachel!
Some quotes about Anniversaries — some sentimental and some funny:
- “Strike an average between what a woman thinks of her husband a month before she marries him and what she thinks of him a year afterward, and you will have the truth about him.” ~H.L. Mencken, A Book of Burlesques, 1916
- “Our wedding was many years ago. The celebration continues to this day.” ~Gene Perret
- “A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.” ~Paul Sweeney
- “The bonds of matrimony are like any other bonds – they mature slowly.” ~Peter De Vries
- “Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.” ~Author Unknown
- “Spouse: someone who’ll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn’t have had if you’d stayed single.” ~Author Unknown
- “It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” ~Rita Rudner