Isn’t it amazing we are already 6 months into the year??!
Despite the fact this was a holiday weekend and the first of summer, it hasn’t been the best week. But it hasn’t been all bad. Here are a few cruddy things that happened and a few good ones.
- This week has been busy and unfortunately I have been sick with an ear infection. This has been a rough year with lots of allergy problems. Darn that pollen!
- My thoughts and prayers are with a friend from college who may have to have another round of chemo. She will know soon. My prayers also go to several other friends who are having health issues.
- A relative had his e-mail hacked. A lot of people have been concerned about him and the note that the hacker sent out. It really infuriates me that there are those who take pleasure and glee in being so wrong and mean to others. Hackers, you should be ashamed of yourself and be arrested!
Here’s to a better week next week! I am going to focus on the fun of summer and be thankful for all of the good in my life and the lives of my family and friends. For example:
- My mother made a great accomplishment in her therapy of her knee replacement! Yeah Mom.
- I finished a wonderful book and started a new one.
- I signed up for Weight Watchers this week to help in my weight loss journey! And, have a great support system in place to help me stay on track.
- A friend of mine has published a book that I can’t wait to read.
Please share some of the good and bad from your week! We can then commiserate.
Here are a few quotes about June:
What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. ~Gertrude Jekyll
If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance. ~Bern Williams
In June, as many as a dozen species may burst their buds on a single day. No man can heed all of these anniversaries; no man can ignore all of them. ~Aldo Leopold
Hope you have a great weekend and a wonderful June!