Hi! Have you had a good week? I hope so.
You may have noticed my new picture. These are Ian’s feet when he was 2 years old. Please see the page called “Two Feet” for more. Rediscovering this picture was one of the blessings of my week as it brought back such great memories of when he was still little.
My week has been full of new blessings and items to remember. I wrote them down in a journal so I wouldn’t forget.
Here are some of the blessings:
- Listening to Ian sing “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.”
- Ian making his own breakfast
- Starting and finishing “The Help.” (see post about my thoughts on this book)
- Cooking with our son in the kitchen: “Let me stir Mommy.”
- Celebrating the first communion of friends’ children
- An unexpected visit with former co-workers
- Having a fun and positive visit with a friend who has an inoperable brain tumor
- Receiving a diagnosis from “Dr. Ian” of an elephant playing a flute in my heart (this was one among several)
- Making orange juice pops for a snack and then Ian’s excitement in watching them turn from liquid to ice
- Hearing my husband’s excitement about features on his new car
- Making and savoring dinners before hubby’s busy schedule starts
- Lunches out with family
- Relearning the enjoyment of a good workout and trying to stick with it
- Watching Ian learn the miracle of the body’s healing after falling and getting scrapes on his knees
- My mother reaching a goal in her physical therapy
- Watching the 7 kids from Sound of Music movie talk about their scrapbook (I will have to buy this)
- Discovering a friend’s blog
- Looking at old pictures of friends, family, and places where I enjoyed spending special times
These are just a few of my wonderful blessings from the week. Please share some of your blessings with me and the other readers.